Thursday 10 December 2009

Poster Steps

To start of with, I took a photo which I want my audience to focus on. As it would give a hint of the narrative as well as the text that has been used.


I used the magic brush tool to erase the background of the photo, as I wanted to create a floating/hovering effect. This was to suggests her loneliness, and her being drifted away in here dreams. Below is the final image that will be used on the poster.

I then created another page. The size of it is A3 with a white background. I dragged the image of the bed into this paper and placed at the bottom. This was because I wanted to create a black halo around her. To do this I used the halo gradient tool. I changed the settings so that it said foreground to transparent. Below is the outcome of using the gradient tool.


I then added the text to the poster. after completing. there were many things missing, as it looked very empty. Therefore I looked back at my the poster research and sub genre I noticed that were many things missing.


I have changed a few things from the photo above. These include the style/colour of text, and positioning of others, and also many other add-on's.

I have changed the style of the text "Sweet Dreams", the colour is yellow so that it stands out on the black background. I have added the stars names on the top of the poster, they are not in any order therefore one has the same attention as the other three.

Under the photo I put the credits which is reoccurring on many other posters. I also noticed that the they are in different fonts, the job title and the name of the person is in different text.

The certificate is also added in the bottom right corner of the poster. This is so that it appeals to the right target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment