Thursday 10 December 2009

Magazine Steps

Here is a step by step on how I completed my magazine front cover. Below are print screen to show the steps at which I took.

Here are the layers showing the order in which it needed to be placed so that everything could be seen. This was done in the reverse in which a person would put together a magazine. For example the background is the first thing that needs to be done so that everything else can be placed on top of it. Therefore this layer is at the end on the list.

Before started with the magazine itself, I had to use the eraser tool to get remove the uneven background. Below is a print screen showing how the tool works.

Once this was finished, it led to the step of the print screens below.


The first steps that I took were to get my canvas size. Looking at the image in the left it shows the sizes in inches, the width being 8.267 and the height being 11.693, making it an A4 size paper.


This then followed by adding the grid lines, which helped when printing. These are the blue lines on the canvas. This was done by pulling out from the rule's on either side.

The image was then copied onto the canvas as a layer.
I then added another layer, which was a white background, as shown above.

I then added to title of the magazine. The font that I used was Aral, bold and size 36pt. I used the colour pink, as it is colour coded with the scarf that she wearing. The title has been placed behind the image, this is because it is a magazine that will well-known by the audience. I have named the magazine CONFIDANTE. This is because is reflects the audience's lifestyle and personality. A definition of the word = A woman character in a drama or fiction, such as a trusted friend or servant, who serves as a device for revealing the inner thoughts or intentions of a main character.

I have then added more text the cover. One of them being the website and the month of issue, the main cover line "Rashmeet tells the truth about her sweet dreams". I have also added many other coverlines that would makes the magazine more appealing to the target group.
In this image above I had added more cover lines with a bar code, and changed the background colour to a sea blue, and the title is now orange. This is because the colours are complimentary. The price of the magazine has also been added. I have priced it at £2. This is an affordable price for a monthly magazine especially during the recession time that people are been effected by.

No comments:

Post a Comment