Friday 27 November 2009

Review On Editing

On Friday the 27th I was using imovie HD to edit what I have filmed so far. During this time I was able to see what clips would best suit the trailer.

There was one clip in particular that I like, as it adds to the narrative of the story. This clip is the final shot, where the girl opens her eyes with an innocent smile. This makes her seem suspicious to what the viewers have seen throughout the teaser trailer.
Through the programmes on imovie HD I was able to put together clips. I was able to add transitions, with which i could experiment with while creating the storyboards.
a few that i have used are fade in, and wash out effects. i have also changed the colour of the image, to give the effect of it being at a different time, in the past. i had used a sepia colour wash.





























However there have been a few changes to the storyboard, but the shots do not have many changes. I have edited the shots in a way to show the built up of the actors fears, which will in return build the viewers tensions. This is one of the conventions of the genre horror which is typically used in trailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment