Sunday 15 November 2009

Photoshop 3

I have used the photo as an example of what I would like the setting of the poster to be, but with a different image. Through the use of tools on photoshop, I was able to create the poster of what I wish my final product to look like. Blow is the image in its original form.


In the image below shows the effect of the gradient tool. Through the use of the gradient tool I was able to create an arch of black around the focal point of the image. Using this tool enabled me to create a more mysterious feel, due to the fact that the viewers are unable to see clearly what is in the background.

I then had to place the person so she was seen as the focal point of the shot, I done this by moving it to the centre, and adjusted the gradients. The image below shows the outcome.

To finish it off I added the text. I have started of with the director, placed at the top of the poster. this is because it is an independent film, therefore the actor's names will not be familiar to the viewers, whereas the directors name will. I then continued by adding a tag line that is well recognised by the viewers, as it will be shown on the trailer as well as the poster "at night. . . the devil comes to mind". To finish it off i then typed the title of the film, which was in a bigger font. this was because I want it to stand out. Using white text on a black background is a common technique used to make something eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment